Working at IKE
We are a small team working in a lovely open office with a view! We don’t bite (well only our lunches) and are friendly and approachable to work with. We offer challenging and interesting employment and look forward to expansion in the future adding to our numbers along the way. Why not apply for any positions available below, you never know, you may even be the lucky person to join us…
Administration Assistant Apprentice Position
Location: Stocksbridge, Sheffield
Responsible to: Finance Director
Ultimately Responsible to: Director of Resources
Type: 30 hours per week (over 4/5 days per week Mon – Fri)
Salary: £5.00 per hour plus option to opt into Pension (NEST)
Essential Qualifications / Specific Requirements
- To be working towards a NVQ Level 2 in Business Administration;
- To be computer literate;
- To be able to answer the telephone and speak in a professional manner, taking message where necessary and passing them onto the relevant people;
- To work with word processing and spreadsheets (Microsoft)
- To work with Sage accounting programmes and have numeracy skills;
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal and organisational skills;
- Sensitivity and empathy with our tenants and their families;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written);
- A customer-first approach to work;
- The ability to adapt to difference situations;
- To be of smart appearance;
- Have relevant skills to carry out the post.
- Accurate administration and processing of sales and purchases invoices onto Sage.
- Accurate reporting of weekly reports and administration.
- To advise and work alongside the Finance Director/Director of Resources/Managing Director & Supported Housing Manager in respect of budgets and financial arrangements
- To assist and investigate complaints in respect of financial errors.
- You will be expected to ensure effective working relationships with colleagues, external care and support agencies and local authorities and contribute to the maintenance and development of The Companies values, culture and ethos.
Responsibilities / Job Summary
- To assist the Finance Director including processing purchase and sales ledger invoices onto our Sage Accounts Package. Quality control as well as data input.
- Create and monitor client data bases to include move in dates, birthdays etc.
- Keep relevant files up to date, organised and in company layout.
- Day to day duties will also include tenant files updates, scanning, filing and assisting the housing team with their administration duties.
- To work within the contracted hours.
- To ensure at all times the confidentiality aspect of the financial paperwork is maintained at company level.
- To attend office staff meetings and take minutes where requested.
IKE Supported Housing Ltd is a social landlord that was established in March 2003 as a Not for Profit Housing Association. The company became a Private Registered Provider, registered with The Homes and Communities Agency in October 2015.
At IKE we aim to be a housing provider that understands the specific circumstances of people living in supported housing and that strives to provide services that are relevant to their individual needs. We see our role as providing The Tenant with all the support necessary to maintain their tenancy in order to help them lead a more independent life. IKE is a specialist supported housing company and does not manage general needs or other forms of social housing.
*Complete application form below along with the ‘Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form’ and email them back to us at email@example.com with the subject ‘Administration Assistant Apprentice – [your-name]’.