1. Purpose of our privacy statement
- Under the General Data Protection Regulation, we are required to explain to you why we are asking for this information about you, how we intend to use the information you provide and whether we will share this with anyone else.
2. Who are we?
- We are IKE Supported Housing Limited. Our address is Office 4, 14 Harry Brearley House, 6 Fox Valley Way, Stocksbridge, Sheffield, S36 2AE.
3. Our data protection officer
- Our Data Protection Officer is responsible for overseeing what we do with your information and monitoring our compliance with data protection laws.
- If you have any concerns or questions about our use of your personal data, you can contact our Data Protection Officer by writing to The Data Protection Officer, Office 4, 14 Harry Brearley House, 6 Fox Valley Way, Stocksbridge, Sheffield, S36 2AE or emailing email@example.com.
4. Why are we collecting your information?
- When you provide us with your information at other times, we use this in order:
- to provide improved customer service to you;
- The information that we use for these purposes is the information collected:
- by telephone;
- by email;
- in your other electronic and written communications with us; and
- in the course of face-to-face contact with you.
- This information is not required by us in order to provide you with our core housing and personalised care and support planning services.
5. What information are we collecting?
- When you make an enquiry on our website, we will collect the following information:
the location, name or type of service you are enquiring about;
- your name and personal contact details or the name and contact details of the person on whose behalf you are enquiring;
- the details of your enquiry to us; and
- your communication preferences
- When you provide us with your information at other times, we collect the following information which you provide to us with your consent:
- your name, date of birth and personal contact details;
- your communication preferences;
- relevant details of your personal life, care and support requirements and experiences of using our services, for the purpose of producing case-studies, publicity materials or organising events;
- images of you, for the purpose of producing case-studies, publicity materials or organising events;
6. What we are going to do with your information
- Your information will be stored and used by us in accordance with this privacy statement and also in accordance with your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
- The information you provide to us will be used for the following purposes:
- to respond to your enquiries;
- it will be collected and used by us fairly and openly for the purposes of:
providing news and updates about our events, products and services and how these could meet your needs;
- for organising events;
- for producing publicity materials to promote our services;
7. What is the legal basis for using your information?
- In accordance with the data protection laws, we need a “legal basis” for collecting and using information about you. There are a variety of different legal bases for processing personal data which are set out in the data protection laws.
- The lawful bases on which we rely in order to use the information which we collect about you to at application stage and should you become a client of ours are:
- you have provided explicit consent to our use of your information. There is a limited amount of special category information that we use on the basis of your consent. We will inform you prior to collecting or processing your information based on consent and keep a record of your consent;
- using your information is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject; and
8. Sharing your information
Contractors and sub-contractors
- We may share your information with contractors and sub-contractors for the purpose of producing publicity materials, such as printers, designers, publishers and photographers. The contractors and sub-contractors shall be contractually required to ensure that they adhere to the security requirements imposed by the General Data Protection Regulation
- Our contractors and sub-contractors will not share your information with any other parties and will only be able to use the information when completing work on behalf of us.
- We may from time to time share your information with other organisations, such as:
- voluntary and statutory organisations who provide us with referrals to our services;
- the police for the purpose of detection and prevention of crime;social services regarding safeguarding concerns we may have.
9. Transferring your information abroad
- We will not transfer the information you provide to us outside of the European Economic Area.
10. Security of your information
- The information that you provide will be uploaded, stored securely on our systems and kept in your file in a locked cabinet whilst you are a client. Our security measures and procedures reflect the seriousness with which we approach security and the value we attach to your information.
- Only relevant members of staff will access the information you provide to us.
11. Can we use your information for any other purpose?
- In limited circumstances, we may use your information for a purpose other than those set out in this policy. If we intend to do so, we will provide you with information relating to that other purpose before using it for the new purpose.
12. Storing your information and deleting it
- We will store the information that you provide to us in the course of your enquiries to us, or in relation to our publication of updates and news about our services for a maximum period of two years. After two years from the point of collection, we will delete and safely dispose of your information if it is no longer in use.
13. Your rights
- In relation to the information which we hold about you, you are entitled to:
- ask us for access to the information;
- ask us to rectify the information where it is inaccurate or is incomplete;
- ask us to erase the information that is used on the basis of your consent and take steps to ask others who we have shared your information with to also erase it;
- ask us to limit what we do with your information;
- object to our use of your information and ask us to stop that use; and
- instruct us to provide you with the information we hold about you in a structured and commonly used format or transmit that information directly to another organisation (for example, if you want the information to be sent to another housing provider or support provider).
- Our obligations to comply with the above rights are subject to certain exemptions.
- Where we are using your information because you have provided your consent to that use, you are entitled to withdraw your consent at any time. The lawfulness of our use of your information before consent was withdrawn is not affected.
- To exercise any of the rights referred to above, you should contact our Data Protection Officer by writing to The Data Protection Officer, Office 4, 14 Harry Brearley House, 6 Fox Valley Way, Stocksbridge, Sheffield, S36 2AE or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (the “ICO”) if you are not satisfied with the way we use your information. You can contact the ICO by writing to Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.